How Does Opal Compare?
Opal gives you the essence of outlining, concentrating on usability rather than a laundry list of obscure features. But it still manages to include a number of useful features not found in other organizers:
- Shrink a topic to one line — another way to hide information until needed
- Single window shows you all your notes in context
- Alphabetic and numeric sorting
- Extensive, searchable offline documentation, so you can use Opal on the road
- Magnification of your view — enlarge text for easy viewing
- Word and character count — helps you write the right amount
- Focus on just a portion of the document
- Multiple selection
- “Smart Quotes” — look professional without obscure key combinations
- Link to other documents
- Just create notes — no need to name them
- Spotlight search
- Filtering — use search field to show only relevant topics
- Smart checkboxes automatically track completion
- Open Acta outlines
- Print all or part of the outline, with formatting options
- Export to a variety of formats (text, RTF, RTFD, Word 97, Word 2007, OpenDocument, OPML)
- Japanese localization
Try the demo today!
What is Opal?
Frequently Asked Questions